08 August 2009

Staycation


It has been difficult for me and Jenn to adjust to living on just a single income. We had grown accustomed to just knowing that the money is there. Well, we experienced a sharp learning curve this last week. Every year we go to Salt Lake City for a week in August to relax, get away from home and mostly to be able to visit with my parents. Unfortunately, this year will be different. We were scheduled to leave on Monday the 10th. Well, just recently a light started blinking on our dashboard informing us that maintenance will be required in the near future. We decided that it would be best to fix prior to our making the drive through a mostly barren I-80. What we did not foresee is that the routine maintenance would come with a bill for nearly $500. This in conjunction with another surprise expense pushed us over the edge. We were forced to pull money out of savings which was intended to pay our attorney on the 18th after we finalized the adoption. Suddenly, we found ourselves in a bad spot. The worst moment by far was having to call my parents on Friday night and to have to tell them that we would not be making it after all. I still have the time off but with no plans we have decided to take a new look at our hometown. To live in Reno as tourists. We will see Virginia City, Lake Tahoe, etc. While I am upset with this turn of events, I nonetheless hope to enjoy the precious time that I will have with my family. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Just be glad you don't have a horse! It a lot easier to fix a car then it is to shoot a horse!

    Have fun whatever you do this week!

    ReplyDelete