10 May 2009

Jenn and I have a life.

Well it might be hard to believe but Jennifer and I are also member of this family, (I know we are very Bailey centric). Well, on May 2nd we actually went on a date. We saw a comedian, Daniel Tosh. We had seen him previously on The Tonight Show, he was hilarious so we were really excited about going. Granted we were a little apprehensive because comedy can tend to be crass but we looked up reviews and went to his website and felt pretty good about going.

While a lot of his jokes were hilarious, he unfortunately went really crass on us. It seemed that as the night wore on the jokes got worse and worse and his language just got more and more foul. It was really disappointing and also very eye opening. We know that we have to be really careful about our entertainment and this just reinforced why. The next day I had some of the punchlines replaying in my head again and again. So too bad, he is a talented performer, but not our cup of tea.

1 comment:

  1. We need a website that will give you a comedians' crass-0-meter, just for this very reason. I have held out seeing shows just for this very reason. I mean, you could see Bill Cosby or Jerry Seinfeld for $100 a pop or you could Uncle Joey from Full House...they are the only clean ones I know of. Can that be right? There has to be more. Lets get going with that crass-o-meter site.

    ReplyDelete