10 May 2009

Happy Mother's Day


Well, it is that time of year again when with a cute card, some flowers and/or a phone call we try to show our wives and our mothers and all the special women in our life just how much they mean to us. Perhaps our intent is better received when reinforced continually throughout the year. I have several special women in my life who have earned the title of mother. My own mom is an inspiration to me, she is soft spoken, faithful and encouraging to us in whatever direction our ambitions lie. I know that she believes in her children and that she loves them, I love you mom.

My wife...I love you more than words can tell. Your patience and forgiveness seem boundless and I am grateful for that as I try to fit the image of what a man can be. Your counsel is always insightful and usually appreciated. You are very selfless in the way you not only care for our daughter but also in the way you support me as I pursue an education and other goals that take me away from home so often. I love you Jenn and thank you for not being afraid to speak up when I get distracted and lose sight of what is most important.

My mother in law is an amazing woman. She trusts me and I appreciate that. She trusts me to take care of Jenn and our little family and though she has had occasion to see me when I am not being my best she nonetheless still loves me. She works hard, too hard sometimes, to ensure that I feel that I belong in the family and I hope that she knows just how much I do feel very much at home with her and I am so happy to know her.

This list is by no means comprehensive. There are grandmothers, teachers, sisters, friends even my boss who have also had a great impact on my life. How grateful I am for the good women in my life. Thank you for everything that you do, I would not be the man I am without your guidance, support and correction from time to time, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment