28 June 2009

Through A Child's Eyes

I think a lot of parents wonder about how they will be remembered by their children. I had a moment today that gave me some hope. At the start of church I helped with the passing of the sacrament which took me away from my family for the first part of the meeting. As I was standing there at the sacrament table fulfilling my duties as a holder of the Lord's priesthood I stole a glance across the chapel and my eyes met Bailey's. She was standing on the pew looking right at me. I was so grateful to be there for my daughter to see. To let her know that her dad loves her and that he also loves the Lord. I hope that these moments will help to instill in her the values that are so important to us, I further hope that the future will bring many more such moments for her to reflect upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment