07 June 2009

Count Your Blessings


It is amazing how taking a look into the life of someone else can make you appreciate the things that you have. Today at work I was fitting a gentleman for a suit, he had told me it was for a funeral and then proceeded to ask me about proper etiquette as far as choosing a color, did it have to be black, etc. I told him that it really depended upon his relationship to the deceased and their personal tastes. It was then that I learned that the funeral was for his wife. He could not have been older than his early forties, far too young to have to go through with this and yet there he was. Immediately upon finishing up I called Jennifer to tell her how very much I love her. I am so grateful to have her and Bailey in my life.

Life it turns out is a fragile thing, knowing this helps me appreciate that much more the time that I have now with these two special ladies in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment