28 June 2009

Movie Review -Life is Beautiful


Last night Jennifer and I watched the Italian film "Life is Beautiful" and I have to say,we loved it. It is the story of a Jewish man in Italy under the fascist regime. We follow him as he settles in to a new town, falls in love and starts a family. All of this is to set up for the main conflict of the movie which occurs as he and his family are taken to a concentration camp. Although the introductory portion of the movie went on for a long time it really got you invested in the characters. I am amazed at the horrible things that ordinary people were forced to endure. I cannot imagine what it would take to have that level of character, and I sincerely hope I am never tested to see if I am found possessed with it. While the story is fictional it did a great job of handling the subject matter. It was a beautiful and absolutely heart wrenching movie. Definitely a good one to have a box of tissues on hand. We highly recommend checking this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment