28 June 2009

More ATV Fun




It's time I came clean on something...I am not a very good husband. I want to take my wife out on dates, I want to be romantic, but I find myself wanting in the area of creativity. Well, last Friday I finally had a good idea, and thanks to the Penrod's I was able to bring it to fruition. Jenn and I borrowed our neighbors ATV (and truck) to hit the trails behind Caughlin Ranch for a good old fashioned picnic.



Although we had a little trepidation about leaving Bailey, she cries whenever we try to leave her anywhere, we finally worked up the gumption to go. The weather was perfect with clear blue skies and a nice cool breeze. Jenn was every bit as thrilled as I had hoped. She enjoyed riding and watching the trees whisk by and capturing some really stunning views of the mountains and of Reno. Once she got behind the wheel though she was bound and determined to put the fear of Jenn into me and I am proud to say she was successful.

The picnic itself was at an idyllic spot I have dubbed Tyson's Meadow. It is so peaceful there, the only sounds are the wind and the birds. It feels so great to be that secluded from the worries of the world. The only drawback to the trip at all is that now I have to find some way to buy our own ATV, I am so hooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment