14 March 2009

Wow, what a fun day!



So the visit with the birth family was awesome! They are the absolute warmest people that you could imagine. I believe they could make anyone feel right at home. Before we even made it to the front door Bailey's brother and sister came charging out of the house shouting, "Bailey, Bailey, Bailey." Brandon who is three and Sierra who is five buried Bailey in a barrage of hugs. They wanted to hold her carry her, they just couldn't get enough.

We visited for a bit inside and I think we were all grateful to be more open in our relationship. They got to see Bailey do everything that she can do now. She took little steps, laughed and played with her Brother and Sister. In their backyard they have a playground set which they have dubbed "Sierraville". Bailey was not thrilled with the swings but she loved the slide. As soon as she got to the bottom she would try to crawl back up it.

I did commit one etiquette faux pas however. I was playing with Sierra who was rolling a soccer ball down the slide. The game was simple, I just rolled it back up to her. Well at one point she said, "You can't get me" and preceded to dodge around. Well I threw the soccer ball and nailed her right in the face. I felt like such an idiot. She cried and cried but eventually she forgave me and gave me a hug. Aren't kids great.

We also got to see their Bailey tree. It is a tree they planted after Bailey was born to remember her. It was really touching to see Bailey play around this special tree. That is the picture above. It was an amazing day, and I am so glad to have them in our lives and in Bailey's life as well. Bailey will never wonder if her birth mother loved her because she will be able to hear it directly from her.OK guys, you can get me down at any time.

We had a hard time rounding up the kids for a picture so we were just happy with what we got.

Sierra playing with her baby sister.

Brandon was so cute. He kind of hovered around Bailey almost the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment