08 March 2009

Home Teaching

Recently my Elder's Quorum President reassigned my home teaching route. He paired me with a member of the quorum named Tom. Tom is a nice enough guy but he is severely mentally challenged. I liked the guy but he had a weird habit of calling me "Joe". I don't know where that came from. I have a hard enough time home teaching that I thought this would simply be too much, but I was proven wrong. The day after we got our assignments Tom called me seven times. I was at work of course so it was getting kind of old for Jennifer but I appreciated his persistence. Since then he has called me every Sunday to ask if we are going home teaching. I have modified my attitude and I think that this will work. I am excited about us getting to work together.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, the same thing is happening at my work. There's this great guy who calls my boss 24 times a day on his off day to see if he should come in. My boss is very patient with him and it's great. Thanks for the "Happy 29th Birthday, again"!

    ReplyDelete