10 May 2009

Mother's Day Picnic


Well today was the day for our annual family picnic in honor of mother's day. These are always so much fun. There was a ton of food, catching up and a pretty competitive game of kickball (unfortunately I was playing so I did not have time to take pictures).

Of course the day started out on a high note. We went to church with Jenn's family in the morning in Sparks. They have such a friendly ward, it was really a treat to be able to go. They served up strawberry shortcake for all the mothers, they even had the elder's quorum take over primary at the end to make sure that all the women were able to get their treat.

Due to a scheduling problem on my part I was also committed to help out with the lesson in Relief Society back in our own ward which meant a drive back to Reno, but it was well worth it. The elder's quorum (at least the ones that I've been to) could really learn something from the Relief Society about how to put together a lesson. The teacher was prepared, first off, she even called me back on Tuesday about the lesson which means she was getting it ready more than just the night before or morning of, also the sisters all had their manuals and were great about participating. I really consider myself lucky for having been there, thanks Sister Carlin for asking me.

1 comment: