23 May 2010

An "A-ha" Moment

About a week after school let out I found myself struggling with some feelings that I hadn't expected, I missed school. It felt like I was spinning my tires again and I just wanted to go back. You have to understand that this was more than just a minor thing I actually felt myself starting to get depressed. I racked my brain trying to come up with projects or activities that might help me to get out of this funk.

Then the answer came. One morning Bailey woke up and I decided to let Jennifer sleep in as Bailey and I went downstairs. That morning I played with my daughter for almost two hours straight. As I watched her smile and heard her laughter it struck me that this was what I should be doing. This is what the time was for. I appreciate that moment of clarity so much and hope that I will treasure up some great memories with my daughter this summer.

1 comment: