18 January 2010

Thank you RTC

Well, school starts up this week and I will be looking at a much more intensive schedule, with me now taking classes full time. This means a lot more time on campus and since we only have one car it presented somewhat of a dilemma. First the obvious, Jenn and Bailey being left without a vehicle. This was a recipe for driving my poor wife insane, an obvious check in the negative column. Furthermore, parking passes are outrageous. The cheapest of which was over one hundred dollars and would only allow me to park roughly ten feet from my front door anyway (if you are reading this then you know my tendancy for sarcasm but in case you don't that was an example, the fact remains the spots were still really far away). Enter the Reno Transit... something that starts with the letter C or RTC if you will. It turns out they offer a special bus pass for students that is only ten dollars a month for unlimited rides.

I'm not very public transit savvy but this sounded like the way to go. I did my first trial run last Wednesday and was very pleased with how easy it was. Plus, I can study, while I'm driving to school, how cool is that? I think that this is going to prove to be a really good option for us and I am looking forward to trying to use it for other outings too. After all, the more I use it at this point the more money I am saving, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment