09 August 2009

Birthday Wrap Up


Before


After

Well today was great. As I was getting ready for church I found a box on my pillow. My wife bought me a brand new bow tie (since I've learned to tie them I've really gotten into them). I decided to don it for church and for the rest of the day as well.

We went to Jenn's folks for Sunday dinner as usual. I wasn't sure that my mother-in-law remembered as there was no mention of a birthday dinner and I didn't want to make an issue of it but to my surprise she had prepared an amazing birthday spread. I've been on a kick for the past couple years where I have really wanted German food and she pulled out all the stops. There was a pork roast in red cabbage. Sausage in sauerkraut and another type of sausage. Of course for sides we had potatoes and more cabbage. She even made my favorite cake, German Chocolate, from scratch. It was so good and I ate far more than is really healthy for me. Thank you everyone for remembering me today it was a pleasure to be able to share this day with you in everyway.

2 comments:

  1. That dinner sounds awesome! Glad to hear you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday. Sounds like you have an amazing family that loves you. You made my mouth water with the explanation of dinner

    ReplyDelete